“There is a thin line between conceptions and misconceptions”
When we ask such questions about a brand, what we seek is nothing more than plain and blank reviews which are not well researched. With this answer let me show you the internal world which does not show to the end users.
What is MediaTek?
MediaTek is a global fabless semiconductor company that enables more than 1.5 billion consumer products a year. We are a market leader in developing tightly-integrated, power-efficient systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile devices, home entertainment, network and connectivity, automated driving, and IoT.
What is the History of the Brand?
- With the announcement and sampling of its MT8135 system-on-chip (SoC) for tablets in July, 2013, MediaTek became the world’s first company to demonstrate ARM big.LITTLE chipsets with heterogeneous multi-processing capabilities
- In July 2013, MediaTek became the first system-on-chip (SoC) supplier to announce the development of an octa-core mobile device SoC capable of processing tasks with eight CPU cores concurrently
- On 7 January 2014, MediaTek announced its development of multimode receiver technology that is compatible with inductive and resonant charging — two of the common wireless charging technologies — the first in the wireless charger industry in enabling multimode charging.
- On 24 February 2014, MediaTek announced its MT3188, its first multimode wireless charging product, certified by the Power Matters Alliance and Wireless Power Consortium.
- At the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2016, MediaTek announced its new System in package tailored for wristware, including Bluetooth low energy, GPS and support for 320×320 MIPI displays. In comparison to similar designs, the PCB area is 41 percent smaller.
NeuroPilot is MediaTek’s latest innovation as an amalgam of hardware and software elements that work together to provide a single, easy to use platform for developers and device designers for creating incredible new AI-enhanced products. It provides computing capabilities such as CPUs, GPUs and APUs (AI processing units) that are embedded into our SoC products, to provide extraordinary performance for AI-based applications.
To support this hardware, MediaTek’s NeuroPilot SDK does a great job. This software kit is highly compatible, with the funda “write one, apply everywhere”. This functionality can be applied to existing and future MediaTek hardware platforms and across product lines, including smartphones, automotive, smart TVs, digital voice assistants, IoT and more. This streamlines the creation process, saving cost and time to market. The NeuroPilot SDK brings the code ‘closer-to-metal’ for better performance, power-efficiency and platform control.
It also includes a complete compiler, profiler and application libraries. And, developers can target these specific processing units within the system-on-chip or, they can let MediaTek NeuroPoint SDK intelligently handle the processing allocation for them.
MediaTek Sensio is a powerful/advanced health monitoring solution. It takes readings from your fingertips to track heart rate information, blood pressure trends, peripheral oxygen saturation levels and more, all in nearly 60 seconds. The MediaTek Sensio MT6381 is a comprehensive software and module solution designed specifically to deliver valuable health data, consisting of optical, electrical and processing components.
This module, coupled with other modules (for eg Core Pilot) can make smart and powerful SoC’s to create an unparalleled user experience.
CorePilot 4.0 introduces a centralized, intelligent task scheduling solution that can highly optimize the use of the SoC compute resource. For example, it dispatches tasks to suitable clusters/cores with the appropriate frequency and voltage, to minimize power use while still ensuring the expected user experience is met.
It works closely with Thermal Management and User Experience (UX) Monitoring to further reduce battery power consumption by ensuring a sustainable performance to provide an expected experience at all times.
Based upon input from these control mechanisms, the right core(s), cluster(s) and frequencies/voltages are selected for the current application load. This provides a consistent and sustained user experience, but with maximum battery life.
Dual 4G SIM Dual Standby
Apart from these features, MediaTek’s latest chipsets offer 4G LTE WorldMode Modem with latest technologies and Dual 4G SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) technology as well. VoLTE and ViLTE, offered by Helio P60, provide the best possible call and live video experience, with faster call setup time noticeably better sound quality.
As some regions face the imminent end of life for older 2G/3G technologies due to spectrum reuse for other services, dual 4G SIM-enabled smartphones provide a future-proof upgrade.
I absolutely think it is doing this work some amazing work.