What do you expect from budget-segment smartphones in India? Well, while there are lots of 5G budget smartphones even now, these are bound to get better with the new processors being launched by the brands.
MediaTek launched a new and powerful MediaTek Dimensity 6020 processor some time back and this is considered a renewed version of the MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor that powers budget segment devices. However, launched more than 2 years after MediaTek Dimensity 700, MediaTek Dimensity 6020 has some enhanced and better features, and here, let’s check them out to get a better idea of the platform:
MediaTek Dimensity 6020: Features and Specifications
- MediaTek Dimensity 6020 is a powerful 7nm platform that is octa-core in structure and contains 2 different sets of cores. It has 2 x Arm Cortex-A76 cores that are clocked to a max of 2.2GHz and then there are 6 x Arm Cortex-A55 cores as well that are clocked to a max of 2GHz.
- The chipset contains an LPDDR4X type memory that has a max memory frequency of 2133MHz and UFS 2.2 type storage.
- If you look at the camera features with the platform, it supports a max of 64MP single camera and a 16MP + 16MP dual rear camera which sounds really good. It also contains a lot of AI camera features such as Hardware MFNR, 3DNR, and AI-FD.
- The devices with MediaTek Dimensity 6020 will offer you a max display resolution of 2520 x 1080 pixels and the max display refresh rate can be chosen from 90Hz and 120Hz. It also contains an Arm Mali-G57 MC2 as the GPU support.
- MediaTek Dimensity 6020 supports really good connectivity with Dual 5G support and peak download speeds up to 2.77Gbps. It also has up to Wi-Fi 5 support and Bluetooth 5.1 to offer enhanced connectivity.
- One of the highlights of the chipset is its powerful MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 Lite gaming support which can help you get wonderful gaming support. You can expect the smoothest gaming performance in the most demanding games and the smart switch between 5G and 4G according to the available networks is also a smart feature.
No wonder, all these smart features make MediaTek Dimensity 6020 a really wonderful product for devices under 10k in India. Yes, this smart chipset could arrive inside the most affordable smartphones which are even under 10k.
MediaTek Dimensity 6020 vs MediaTek Dimensity 700:
Although a lot of people will tell you that MediaTek Dimensity 6020 and MediaTek Dimensity 700 have no differences at all, you should not believe it. Of course, the major difference is the MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 Lite gaming enhancement that is a part of MediaTek Dimensity 6020 but is absent in MediaTek Dimensity 700.
Besides, MediaTek Dimensity 6020 offers you the option to get a 120Hz display refresh rate in the devices and up to 16GB RAM support. Against this, the max display refresh rate in MediaTek Dimensity 700 is limited to 90Hz and it supports up to 12GB RAM.
So you might consider that MediaTek Dimensity 6020 is a renewed version of the MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor launched almost 3 years back, but MediaTek certainly knows how to bring innovations better. What do you think?