MediaTek announced its entry into the mainstream 5G segment with newer products in the Dimensity 6000 series. The new MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ has been launched globally to cater to budget and mid-range smartphones and these devices are about to enter the smartphone market pretty soon.
But do you think this new MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ is good enough to offer powerful performance to the devices it would power?
Let us check the major specifications and features of the device to help you get a better idea:
- MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ is a powerful 6nm chip which means you can get really good battery support and battery backup with the devices it powers. It comes with a 3GPP Release-16 standard 5G modem and MediaTek 5G UltraSave 3.0+ support to make sure you can save a lot of power on your device.
- The chip comes with a powerful octa-core structure with contains 2 x Arm Cortex-A76 cores that are clocked to a max of 2.2GHz and 6 x Arm Cortex-A55 cores that are clocked up to 2.0GHz. It has a 64-bit CPU that is capable of heterogeneous multi-processing.
- The device comes with a smart LPDDR4x type memory that has a max memory frequency of 2133MHz and can support up to 16GB RAM. Besides, it has UFS 2.2 storage type as well.
- It comes with an Arm Mali-G57 MC2 as the GPU support which is good enough to take care of the graphics at a low cost. It also supports a max display resolution of up to 2520 x 1080 pixels and a display refresh rate of up to 120Hz. Even the Billion Color Display feature that can help you see contour-free true colors, can also offer support for real 10-bit images and videos, offering a better user experience.
- Talking about the camera support, MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ comes with support for up to 108MP single camera and a 16MP + 16MP dual rear camera support.
- The MediaTek chip supports up to Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.2, and a peak download speed of up to 3.3Gbps.
- MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ can offer you brilliant gaming performance with support for MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 Lite. It comes with the latest features which allow you to get smooth performances even in intense gameplay and you can get rid of missed calls or disturbances in gaming due to call and data concurrency.
No doubt, these features in the new MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ will attract a lot of buyers and if this arrives in the budget segment, I think the smartphones with it would be great sellers. What do you think will be the cost of the devices with this MediaTek chip?