MediaTek Dimensity 920: A Feature Review
The new MediaTek Dimensity 920 processor is earning a lot of attention these days. And this is mostly because there is a sudden flurry of smartphones launched with this chipset, and many others are in line to launch soon. So I thought, I should review MediaTek Dimensity 920 chipset and tell you about the features that make it such an interesting choice.
But before that, let us have a quick look at the major specifications of the chipset:
Specifications of MediaTek Dimensity 920:
Processor: It comes with Arm Cortex-A78 cores that are clocked at 2.5GHz and Arm Cortex-A55 cores that are clocked at 2.0GHz
Cores: It has an Octa (8) core structure.
Chipset Size: It is designed with a 6nm process technology.
Memory Type: It supports both LPDDR4x and LPDDR5 memory types.
Cellular Technologies: It supports cellular technologies such as 2G / 3G / 4G/ 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, and WDCDMA.
Wi-Fi: It is fully equipped to support latest Wi-Fi 6 (a/b/g/n/ac/ax) features.
Bluetooth Version: It supports Bluetooth version 5.2
Max Display Resolution: The max display resolution support is 2520 x 1080.
Max Refresh Rate: The display can support a whopping 120Hz display refresh rate.
GPU Type: It has an Arm Mali-G68 MC4 GPU.
Max Camera ISP: It can support dual cameras up to 20MP + 20MP and a single camera up to 108MP.
Camera Features: It supports camera features such as hardware video HDR, 3X HDR-ISP, MFNR, 3DNR, AINR, Hardware Depth Engine, and Warping Engine, etc.
These are some of the major specifications of the MediaTek Dimensity 920 chipset that have actually created a wonderful impression on the minds of buyers. But there are more pros to add to the review list of MediaTek Dimensity 920.
Pros of MediaTek Dimensity 920:
- You saw the 120Hz display refresh rate supported by this device, right? But there is more to the picture that you should actually know. MediaTek Dimensity 920 comes with MediaTek Intelligent Refresh Rate support where it can adjust the display of the device according to the content. Whether you are streaming a video or playing games, the display would be tailored intelligently.
- The 108MP camera support with this mid-range 5G chipset from MediaTek is something quite interesting, but did you know that this smartphone chipset comes with a unique hardware-accelerated video recording engine that can help the device capture 4K HDR videos with ease? Yes, you do not have to worry about the lighting condition when capturing photos and videos.
- MediaTek Dimensity 920 is one of the most affordable mid-range-flagship chipsets that are designed with TSMC’s 6nm production process. It’s because of this low size that the chipset is light in power and extends your smartphone’s battery life as well.
- MediaTek Dimensity 920 is capable of supporting dual 5G SIMs in smartphones. And due to this, you can operate 2 5G SIMs in one smartphone without caring about changing the SIMs in smartphone slots.
- If you are a gamer, you would absolutely love this MediaTek chipset. One of the major pros of this chipset is it’s MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 support that comes with some very interesting gaming features. You can play games using data from one SIM and attend a call from the other SIM simultaneously. Plus, the gaming power of the chipset has also increased much.
And I think these advantages with MediaTek Dimensity 920 are the reason that Vivo launched its latest color-changing smartphone with this chipset and even Xiaomi has launched its HyperCharging smartphone with the same MediaTek Dimensity 920.
When brands like Xiaomi and Vivo trust the chipset for their unique devices, I think there is something special in this and love the features that it contains. What do you think about the features of this MediaTek Dimensity 920 chipset?