Did you witness the launch of the new Oppo Reno 10 series recently? Well, it came with 3 smartphones in the series, and you have the option to choose from Oppo Reno 10 5G, Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G, and Oppo Reno 10 Pro Plus 5G.
But if you want a smartphone in the mid-range segment, you can choose from Oppo Reno 10 5G and Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G. And which one of these smartphones do you think would be a better option for you? Here is a detailed comparison of Oppo Reno 10 5G and Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G that would better you a better idea:
- Both Oppo Reno 10 5G and Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G have a similar size and structure. They both have a glass front, plastic frame, and glass back to attract buyers with their gorgeous looks.
- Both these smartphones have a similar display with a 6.7-inch display size and AMOLED support. They contain a 120Hz display refresh rate along with HDR10+ and 950nits of peak brightness. They have about 89.6% screen-to-body ratio and 1080p display resolution along with Asahi Glass AGC DT-Star 2 protection over the display.
- The real difference between the devices is their processors. Oppo Reno 10 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 7050 processor which is 6nm in size and octa-core in structure with a primary clock speed of 2.6GHz. It contains ColorOS 13.1 support along with an Arm Mali-G68 MC4 as the GPU. Against this, Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G processor which is again 6nm in size and octa-core in structure with a clock speed of 2.4GHz. It also contains ColorOS 13.1 support and has Adreno 642L as the GPU support.
- Talking about the RAM and ROM support, Oppo Reno 10 5G occurs in 2 variants of internal storage — 128GB and 256GB, while 8GB RAM remains fixed in both. Against this, Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G has been launched in a single variant with 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
- There is a bit of difference in the camera section as well. Oppo Reno 10 5G contains a 64MP main camera while Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G contains a 50MP main camera. Besides this, the 32MP telephoto lens and the 8MP ultrawide angle lens are common in both devices. Both contain LED flash support and 4K video capture support as well. In fact, both of them contain the same 32MP front camera as well.
- The battery section in smartphones is also one of the major differences. Oppo Reno 10 5G offers you a 5000mAh battery that contains 67W fast charging support and has a reverse charging feature as well. Against this, Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G has a 4600mAh battery that comes with 80W fast charging support and a reverse charging feature as well.
- Both smartphones contain an under-display, optical fingerprint sensor with USB Type-C 2.0 support. However, Oppo Reno 10 5G can support up to Bluetooth 5.3 while Oppo Reno 10 Pro 5G supports only up to Bluetooth 5.2.
So while comparing the features, I realized that Oppo Reno 10 5G with a MediaTek 5G chip has better features at a lower cost and Oppo Reno 10 5G is unreasonably costly just for its Snapdragon chip. Do you think this is fair pricing from the brand?