Look like Samsung is really trying hard to compete with all the brands in the budget segment and the latest venture from the brand is the new Samsung Galaxy A12 smartphone that has been launched in India. While the features of the smartphone look good enough, I think even the price of the smartphone is quite interesting and Samsung would try to make the most of it.
Here are some of the major features of the smartphone that you really need to know:
- Samsung Galaxy A12 has a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with an almost 86 percent screen-to-body ratio and a 720p display resolution. The smartphone has a waterdrop notch cutout in front for the front camera.
- The smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor that is clocked at 2.3GHz. It also has a PowerVR GE8320 as its GPU and Android 10 support.
- The device occurs in two variants in India as per the RAM and the internal storage. You can get 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and if you want more storage, you can go for 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage.
- The camera section of the device is definitely quite interesting. It contains a 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP quad-rear camera with an LED flash and a powerful 8MP front camera for selfies and video calls.
- Even the battery section of the device seems to be really good. You get a huge 5000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support and USB Type-C 2.0 support as well.
- It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a powerful face unlock feature as well.
So overall, I think the specifications of the smartphone are amazing starting at just 13k for the lower variant and 14k for the higher internal storage variant. This smartphone is about to go on sale very soon and I think Samsung had offered a really good smartphone in the budget segment to start with the year. Perhaps Samsung should try to use MediaTek gaming chipsets at the same cost.