Tecno Spark 8: Will This Work in the Budget Segment?
The latest variant of the Tecno Spark 8 budget 4G smartphone has finally hit India and this smartphone comes with some changes as compared to the global variant.
Before we know anything else, let us first have a look at the specifications of this device:
- Tecno Spark 8 is a budget segment device with a 6.56-inch IPS LCD display and HD+ support with 720p display resolution. It can support dual Nano SIMs and has a Dot Notch display.
- The smartphone is powered by a Mediatek Helio G25 gaming processor by Mediatek that is octa-core in structure and is clocked at 2GHz. It also contains Android 11 support and PowerVR GE8320 as its GPU.
- While it has been launched in a number of RAM and ROM variants, the highest amount of these specs available are 4GB and 64GB respectively which sound good enough.
- The smartphone contains a good camera section as well, where you get a 16MP + AI dual rear camera with quad-LED flash and there is also an 8MP front camera with dual-LED flash for selfies and video calls.
- It supports a powerful 5000mAh battery that looks good enough for the users and it also comes with a 10W charging support.
- There is a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor in the device and a face unlock feature as well.
After looking at the features of the device, you should know the cost of the smartphone as well. So the device with 2GB RAM and 64GB storage would cost you 8k in India, and the one with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage costs about 9.3k. Besides, the highest variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage would cost you 11k.
While the features are good enough, I think the pricing of the smartphone is a bit weird because most brands with a Mediatek Helio G25 processor and at least 4GB RAM would not offer a smartphone at more than 9k in India.
So it would be interesting to know if this smartphone would actually work in the budget segment or would be one that gets added to the huge ocean of smartphones with limited sales.