Moving on to the year 2022 and beyond, let us change this sentence or phrase a bit. At this point, it’s not What “is” the Problem with MediaTek. In fact, we can put it right by saying that What “was” the Problem with MediaTek because not only the brand has resolved all its issues but with the latest launches, it has surpassed all its competitors in the market.
What are your memories of 2021?
Well, in 2021, you may not have had good experiences, but for MediaTek, the year 2021 was absolutely divine. And this is because this year, MediaTek not only launched some world-class products, it also overwhelmed its competitors in the market.
Here are some of the incidents that happen this year, and were enough to put the brand in the driving seat:
- In 2021, MediaTek grabbed the highest smartphone market share all across the world. Yes, the symptoms were seen right in December 2020, but as of September 2021 and beyond, MediaTek now has the highest market share in terms of smartphones all across the world. It stands at 43%, with the number increasing exponentially with time. Do you still think that Mediatek has any problems in the market?
- In the same year, Mediatek became the largest chipset manufacturer for smartphones all across the world. It now stands at 31 percent in terms of market share for the largest chipset vendors, and any guesses for the brand it defeated? Well, you are right. It defeated Qualcomm Snapdragon to attain this position. Problems with Mediatek processor??
- The year 2021 could be considered a milestone for Mediatek-powered smartphones because the brand made an entry into the higher-mid-range and flagship segment of chipsets in the same year. First, it was the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G chipset that was 6nm in size that attracted the audience and made even a brand like OnePlus use Mediatek chipset for the first time in their smartphones.
- And later, MediaTek overwhelmed the globe with the launch of the MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chipset that was the first-ever 4nm chipset and stands as the best smartphone chipset launched to date — even better than Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Exynos 2200 chipset which was launched later.
- Well, the world of smart chipsets does not merely end in smartphones, and this year, MediaTek engraved its roots deeper into the market with some serious innovations like MediaTek Filogic Wi-Fi 6 chipsets for different devices and MediaTek Pentonic series chipsets for 4K and 8K TVs. This is something really good and would bless the devices that would get launched in the future.
With all these achievements and innovations, do you think MediaTek has any problems with the chipsets they deliver or the products you use? I mean you should get over issues like “Heating Issues”, “Lack of Open Architecture”, and “Lack of Longevity” because, as I already mentioned, there were the problems with Mediatek chipset and not “are the problems with MediaTek”.
I recently read an article that said that the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset which is 4nm in size, has some serious heating issues in a new Motorola device. I mean, while the hopes of the world are resting on a Snapdragon chipset which is expected to be the future, the latest reports blasted a bomb by saying that this chipset has heating issues.
Let me tell you that this is not an issue and heating is very common in any chipset, 4nm or 12nm in size. So now, would you rather ask that what is the problem with the Snapdragon chipsets? No, you should not, because any working product would get heated, whether it’s your body or your ceiling fan. The heating is absolutely natural.
Besides, Mediatek has overcome the problems like no resource architecture by unveiling the source codes, and now the chipsets last a long period of time.
So the problems with Mediatek processors are long gone and if you are ready to accept them, they would do a mighty good job for you.