Why is it Important to know the Oxygen Level in your Blood
Oxygen saturation is the fraction of oxygen-saturated hemoglobin relative to total hemoglobin (unsaturated + saturated) in the blood. In short, it is the amount of oxygen which is present in your blood. Lately, people have been buzzing about knowing the oxygen level in their blood due to the simple fact that it acts as a great parameter to know how well your body is being able to perform its routine tasks and the organs are keeping well internally.
How to Check the Arterial Blood Gas?
Arterial-blood gas (ABG) measures the amounts of arterial gases, such as oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
If your Arterial-Blood Gas (ABG) is:
• Normal: If Arterial-Blood Gas (ABG) is normal, it means that the oxygen level in the blood lies between 80 and 100 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg).
• Above Normal: High oxygen levels which are above 100 mm Hg can lead to uneasiness in breathing.
• Below Normal: If the readings for ABG are below 80 mm Hg, then the oxygen level in the blood is counted in the below normal category.
ABG is measured by a pulse oximeter (pulse ox) which is a noninvasive device that estimates the amount of oxygen in the blood.
How to interpret ABG?
How can one improve the Blood Oxygen Levels?
1. Exercise More: An hour of aerobic exercise such as dancing, brisk walking is not only good for maintaining fitness but also helps in regulating (improving) the oxygen levels in the blood.
2. Breath Fresh Air: Breathing fresh air can be very rejuvenating and at the same time it helps in the Blood Oxygen Levels maintenance.
3. Diets are Important: Chlorophyll diets are very helpful when one aims to maintain a constant level of oxygen in the blood.
4. Breathing Deep: Expanding the lungs to the fullest of their capacity helps in getting the maze mum oxygen possible and hence maintains oxygen levels in the blood.
5. Using Correct Equipment: Regular check-ups are quite important when it comes to knowing the oxygen saturation in the blood. Nothing is better than using your phone for this purpose. How?
How to Use phone for Monitoring Health?
Sensio MT6381 is a new technology (feature) by MediaTek which when integrated into the device is handy for everyone: a smartphone — MediaTek Sensio MT6381 is a powerful advanced health monitoring solution. It takes readings from the fingertips to track heart rate information, blood pressure trends, peripheral oxygen saturation levels and more, all in nearly 60
It Helps in Generating Reading for:
• Heart Rate
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures heart beats per minute.
• Heart Rate Variability
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures variation in the time between heartbeats.
• Blood Pressure Trends
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures blood pressure trends to help users see data over a period of time.
• Peripheral Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.
• Electrocardiography (ECG)
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time and displays it in graph form.
• Photoplethysmography (PPG)
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 measures the change in volume of blood.
The first 6-in-1 total hardware and software solution, delivers a package of smart health solutions that will help users to be more informed about their fitness levels. So, the next time it is desirable to check the health status and primarily the oxygen levels in the blood, MediaTek Sensio MT6381 is a clutter breaking solution for being ahead and being predictable.