The latest addition to the Redmi Note series is the Redmi Note 10S. The phone conveniently sits in the middle of the two phones launched earlier by Xiaomi, the Redmi Note 10 and the Redmi Note 10 Pro, in terms of pricing. The handset offers the typical specification, commonly seen in a budgeted smartphone but, what makes it different?
Let us take a look at the capabilities of this smartphone and find out:
- We have a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED (1080x2400 pixels) display with 1,100 nits of peak brightness managed by DC Dimming technology which is a rare sight given the price range. The display is protected by the resilient Corning Gorilla Glass 3 that can survive high pressure and scratches.
- On the inside, the Redmi Note 10S is powered by 2.05GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 with HyperEngine Game Technology. It runs on Android 11 with Mali-G76 MC4 as its GPU, up to 6GB of RAM, and up to 128GB of storage.
- On the back, we see a 64MP quad-camera that includes an 8MP ultrawide camera, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP depth sensor. On the front, a 13MP camera captures the moment and can shoot at 1080P maximum with 30 frames per second. Overall, the camera quality is stunning and does a great job even in the low light.
- The Redmi Note 10S runs on the latest software introduced by Xiaomi, the MIUI 12.5 (interim). The company offers it to be a much-improved UI based on the feedback given by the users. With the new MIUI 12.5 (interim), this is the first device that runs on the latest software. The new skin on top always looks fresh.
- The smartphone wakes up with a single touch on the power button that works as a fingerprint sensor. The waking up and unlocking of the device is quite fast and accurate. It does not lag at all.
- The smartphone has a massive 5000mAh battery that can last all day with the average usage, supported by a 33W fast charger that can charge as fast as 54% in 30mins and 100% in 78mins.
On paper, the device has a lot to offer with an abundance of new features. Available at a starting price of 15K, the Redmi Note 10S is one of the most attractive smartphones on the market. It is a beautiful-looking handset that comes with the latest MIUI 12.5 (interim), a snappy camera, a great battery backup with fast charging and a solid processor. Overall, the Redmi Note 10S is one of the best deals that we have seen so far. If you are looking for a mid-range device that really stands out from the rest of the pack, I will not hesitate to recommend this one. It clearly stands on top of the list and is worth buying.